Date:      Wed, 2 Oct 2002 19:38:41 +0200
From:      Pawel Jakub Dawidek <nick@garage.freebsd.pl>
To:        Oliver Fromme <olli@secnetix.de>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Getfsstat(2), statfs(2) and fstatfs(2) jailed.

--uQr8t48UFsdbeI+V

On Wed, Oct 02, 2002 at 12:45:36PM +0200, Oliver Fromme wrote:
+> Pawel Jakub Dawidek <nick@garage.freebsd.pl> wrote:
+>  > With this kernel module for FreeBSD 4.x process in jail can see only
+>  > file systems that are mounted in jail's chroot directory.
+>  >=20
+>  > For example if we have mounted:
+>  > [...]
+>=20
+> Also see PR 26740:
+> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=3Dkern/26740
+>=20
+> BTW, does your patch work if the process that created the jail
+> was already chrooted (possibly with a root different from the
+> root of the process that mounted the filesystem)?  There are
+> a lot of non-trivial cases ...
+>=20
+> Another issue might be the degraded efficiency if there are a
+> lot of mounts (I mean _really_ many).

My way is very simple.
I get chroot directory from p->p_fd->fd_jdir.
We have for example "/ch/root".
Now in getfsstat() I'm checking for file systems begins with "/ch/root".
If it doesn't begin with this string I don't add it.
I add also file system where chroot directory is mounted on with path "/".

--=20
Pawel Jakub Dawidek
UNIX Systems Administrator
http://garage.freebsd.pl