Date:      Thu, 27 Apr 2000 17:06:07 -0400
From:      "Chris BeHanna" <behanna@fast.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problem Detecting/Using ISA Modem on 4.0-RELEASE

	I looked through the archives and tried the various things that
I found there, including adding an entry to the PnP ID array in
sio.c, but that didn't help.

	Here's what I have going on:  4.0-RELEASE, ISA PnP
modem (Zoom Telephonics V.90 Internal Faxmodem, PnP ID ZTIa0001).  In
3.4-RELEASE, the only way I could get this modem to work was via the
command "pnp 2 0 irq0 7 port0 0x3e8", but this method is no longer
available, and I am now at a loss.  FWIW, the modem used to come up
on sio3, and worked with /dev/cuaa2.

	I booted verbose once, and saw my ISA soundcard get successfully
probed, but then I got a message along the lines of "Card failed to
report resource information."  Unfortunately, I've recently moved,
and my home computer and its dmesg output are in a box in a storage
unit until Monday.  :-(

	Can someone tell me where to look to (perhaps) hardcode the
necessary resource information into the serial driver to use this
card?

	And, yes, sio3 is defined in my kernel.

	If I can get this working, I'll have a lot more ammo in my
FreeBSD vs. Linux discussions.  It appears that I'm the only FreeBSD
partisan in a Linux/NT shop.

Thanks,
Chris BeHanna
behanna@fast.net