Date:      Tue, 26 May 1998 14:32:33 -0700
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        shimon@simon-shapiro.org
Cc:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>, Tom <tom@sdf.com>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: DPT install problem

> >> An ajacent problem, is that fsck will fail on such filesystems.
> >> The failure mode is fsck -p in /etc/rc.  It does not have, by default
> >> enough resources to run a large parallel fsck.  I added the following to
> >> /etc/rc:
> >
> > You should update the daemon class in /etc/login.conf.  Can you verify
> > that the current settings there (/usr/src/etc/login.conf) are adequate?
>
> I am using (as of today, still to be tried):
>
> #
> # Settings used by /etc/rc
> #
> daemon:\
>         :coredumpsize@:\
>         :coredumpsize-cur=0:\
>         :datasize=infinity:\
>         :datasize-cur@:\
>         :maxproc=512:\
>         :maxproc-cur@:\
>         :memoryuse-cur=infinity:\
>         :memorylocked-cur=infinity:\
>         :openfiles=1024:\
>         :openfiles-cur@:\
>         :stacksize=infinity:\
>         :stacksize-cur@:\
>         :tc=default:

untried ie. you haven't verified whether this configuration works or
fails, correct?

> BTW, what is foo@ in this file?

from 'man 3 getcap' (whence you are referred from login.conf(5))

     When a database is searched for a capability record, the first matching
     record in the search is returned.  When a record is scanned for a capa-
     bility, the first matching capability is returned; the capability
     :nameT@: will hide any following definition of a value of type T for
     name; and the capability :name@: will prevent any following values of
     name from being seen.