Date:      Wed, 06 Jul 2005 21:08:06 +0000
From:      jdyke <jdyke@azimapower.com>
To:        Efren Bravo <efrenba@dhl.co.cu>
Cc:        freeBSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Start telnet server help

Efren Bravo wrote:
> Hi,
>  >Have you got a line indicating >inetd_enable="YES" >in your /etc/rc.conf?
> Yes it's indicated, The file rc.conf is accumulative? Because inside it
> appears the last configuration changed with the date. The line
> inetd_enable="YES" is repeated every time I made a change.
> and $ telnet localhost works but remotely doesn't.
> I tried to install telnet server because I'm sat down in a PC with
> windowsXP and I thought to connect myself to freeBSD pc to study it more
> comfortable.

What you probably already have it sshd installed on freebsd,unless you said no
at install, and while you can not use XP alone to connect to FreeBSD over ssh
you can download putty (http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/) to
do this very simply.

Sorry to distract what you were doing, but try to avoid telnet as much as you
can for network connections.

hth
Jeff