Date:      Tue, 30 Sep 1997 07:56:40 -0600
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@plutotech.com>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: buf struct & scsi disk IO availability.

>2/ Jason, if I use the disk as a direct result of the scsi_attach()

Are you talking to me? 8-)

>If this is not the case, I have a work-around which would be to queue
>further configuration to occur at some later time (but before
>mounting root), but it wouldn't be so clean.
>
>julian

All I/O to the SCSI system should be postponed until interrupt services
are available.  This was why I added the "interrupt driven configuration
hooks".  Your hook will be called before the root and dump device are
configured and the boot will only continue once you remove your hook.
Look in sys/kern/subr_autoconf.c for details.

--
Justin T. Gibbs
  FreeBSD: Turning PCs into workstations