Date:      Fri, 9 Apr 1999 17:12:58 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Steve Price <sprice@hiwaay.net>
To:        Joel Ray Holveck <joelh@gnu.org>
Cc:        "Deatherage, David" <DDeatherage@bridge.com>, Peter Jeremy <peter.jeremy@auss2.alcatel.com.au>, current@FreeBSD.ORG, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: emacs* broken in -current (was Re: Vtable thunks with egcs)

On 9 Apr 1999, Joel Ray Holveck wrote:

# > I've found where this problem is coming from.  It's in
# > emacs20.3/src/s/freebsd.h.  It sets a macro called BSD_SYSTEM based upon the
# > version number contained in __FreeBSD__, checking for 1, 2 and 3.  Of
# > course, -current uses 4.  I have found that you can check for __FreeBSD__ >=
# > 3, and it will work, but this feels a bit like a hack.  I've never updated a
# > port, so I can either get some instruction from someone to put in a patch,
# > or let someone else do it.
#
# I'll make the patch if a committer can get it in.

Send it to me.  I'll commit it. :)  BTW, good catch David!

-steve

# --
# Joel Ray Holveck - joelh@gnu.org
#    Fourth law of programming:
#    Anything that can go wrong wi
# sendmail: segmentation violation - core dumped
#