Date:      Tue, 01 Dec 2009 14:59:08 +0100
From:      Dominic Fandrey <kamikaze@bsdforen.de>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   creating a meta port ports-mgmt/pkg_upgrade

It has been suggested to me to split pkg_upgrade out of
sysutils/bsdadminscripts and create a separate port in
ports-mgmt/pkg_upgrade, because people have difficulty to find
it, unless they stumble over one of my shameless advertisements.

This however is not compatible with my plan to share code between
scripts in the future. Hence the only alternative seems to me,
a meta port in ports-mgmt/pkg_upgrade that depends on
sysutils/bsdadminscripts.

Would such a thing be accepted? I feel sceptical, because it does
not even depend on several packages and the real solution in my
opinion would be if people searched the ports tree with
"make quicksearch cat=ports-mgmt" instead of browsing the file
system. But they don't and I know of no way making them do it.

Regards