Date:      Thu, 14 May 1998 18:15:54 -0400 (EDT)
From:      BEAUPRE Antoine <beaupran@JSP.UMontreal.CA>
To:        Jochen.Solbrig@urz.uni-heidelberg.de
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: commercial software

Speaking for myself, I'd say I'm using FreeBSD for more philosophical
reasons than anything. I'd say that the principle is to keep the code free
and the apps free. I don't know and/or don't care wether commercial
software is better, it's the principle behind it that sucks. This fits in
the illusion that nobody will get a job done if it's for free. D*mn it!
We're humans! We got to help each other, not profit of each other.

Maybe I'm going too far on this but I don't care. If I want commercial
software, I'll go see King Gates III.

Boycott Micro$oft!

Spidey

> On 5/14/98, at 4:16 PM, Jochen Solbrig wrote:
>
> >hello!
> >
> >i'm interested in what freebsd users think about using
> >commercial software. most linux users seem to only
> >tolerate(?) it.
> >
> >bye,
> >    jochen

> >     ____O O____      Jochen
> >       I  U  I        Solbrig
> >       I nnn I
> >        -----
> >       /     \
> >      /       \

> >with "unsubscribe freebsd-questions" in the body of the message

|  Free the world from businessmen  |
|   Free yourself from your money   |