Date:      Sat, 29 Dec 2001 22:42:17 +0100 (CET)
From:      wolfgang@lyxys.ka.sub.org (Wolfgang Zenker)
To:        Nils Holland <nils@tisys.org>
Cc:        Wolfgang Zenker <wolfgang@lyxys.ka.sub.org>, Maxim Sobolev <sobomax@FreeBSD.ORG>, Dirk Froemberg <dirk@FreeBSD.ORG>, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mozilla+ipv6 0.9.7,1 unusable, can't access profiles

Hi everyone,

Nils wrote:
> Strange indeed! I got from 0.9.6 to 0.9.7 with a simple
> pkg_delete -f mozilla-0.9.6
> cd /usr/ports/www/mozilla
> make
> make install

> I didn't even have to move or delete and configuration files. The only
> problem I noticed with 0.9.7 was when I tried to roll it out to some of my
> other machines by means of "make package" and pkg_add, the installed
> package would not work in a way that Mozilla would segfault. Building
> separately on each machine worked, though.

that could happen if you have some machine specific compile flags in
your make.conf that would not fit the other machines hardware.

> Anyway, as far as your problem is concerned, this should probably indeed be
> submitted to the Mozilla folks. Probably a look at their mailing list
> archives is also worth a try, maybe someone else has already seen and
> reported this and has a suggestion for a fix...

I now submitted a (FreeBSD-)PR. I see one difference to your installation:
I used port mozilla+ipv6 and you used port mozilla.
BTW, which XFree-version do you use? It's port XFree86-4.1.0_11 at my site.

Wolfgang