Date:      Sat,  8 Jun 2002 01:49:32 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Matthias Buelow <mkb@altair.mukappabeta.net>
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   ports/39015: ORBit 0.5.17 ports build craps itself

>Number:         39015
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       ORBit 0.5.17 ports build craps itself
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Environment:
System: FreeBSD altair.mukappabeta.net 4.5-20020326-STABLE FreeBSD 4.5-20020326-STABLE #4: Sat May 4 17:48:05 CEST 2002 mkb@altair.mukappabeta.net:/usr2/src/sys/compile/ALTAIR i386

	The ORBit 0.5.17 build from a cvsup of about 30 minutes ago
	bombs out due to a failing patch:

	===>  Applying FreeBSD patches for ORBit-0.5.17
	1 out of 1 hunks failed--saving rejects to src/ORBitutil/orbit-os-config.h.rej
	>> Patch patch-src::ORBitutil::orbit-os-config.h failed to apply cleanly.
	>> Patch(es) patch-ab patch-ac patch-ad patch-ae patch-configure.in patch-libIDL::configure patch-libIDL::libIDL-config.in patch-popt::configure patch-src::IIOP::connection.c patch-src::IIOP::giop-msg-buffer.c applied cleanly.
	*** Error code 1

	<rant>
	Is it really necessary that a port gets updated twice within
	just two days?  Especially when it's not done carefully enough
	to make it actually work?  I cvsupped the ports tree on another
	machine today for building mozilla 1.0, saw, oh well, it needs
	ORBit 0.5.16, put it on a ZIP, transported it home, only to
	find out that in the meantime, after cvsupping at home, that
	ORBit was updated again.  Only to find out that it now doesn't
	build.  Such things are really annoying.  Why can't a certain
	version of a port be left alone for at least one or two weeks
	if there aren't any really serious bugs in it?
	</rant>