Date:      Tue, 9 Nov 1999 19:27:23 -0800 (PST)
From:      Tom <tom@uniserve.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   NFS in -stable

  I've been searching the archives for some definitive statements on what
the status of NFS these days, and I have really come with anything.

  How is the performance, and stability of the NFS client in 3.2-stable
today?

  I understand the server side of NFS locking is finished, but the client
isn't?  So if processes running on a client lock NFS files, the NFS server
won't know, and neither will other NFS clients?  However, what about
processes running on the same client?  Will those locks work?

  Is NFSv2 or NFSv3 recommended for 3.2-stable?  I'm primarily interested
in the NFS client, versus a NetApp NFS server.

Tom