Date:      Fri, 5 Nov 1999 15:33:47 -0500
From:      Christopher Michaels <ChrisMic@clientlogic.com>
To:        'David Nobles' <David.Nobles@wcom.com>
Cc:        "FreeBSD Questions (E-mail)" <questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   RE: Home LAN (HW & SW)

For the hardware to physically wire the house.  I would just suggest having
RJ-45 jacks in each room, and wire it all with CAT-5 UTP cable.  Have them
all come to a common point in the house and plug into either a HUB or a
SWITCH.

Personally I would suggest a 10/100 Mbit Switch as you'll get better
performance from a switch than from a hub, but the switch would come at a
higher cost.

If you're looking for hardware I would just suggest looking at the release
notes for the current release of FreeBSD and pick hardware that meets that
list.

I hope this can get you started.  If you needed more specific information,
please write back.

-Chris.
P.S. Please don't send e-mails in HTML to this mailing list, most people
don't use HTML enabled mail readers.

P.P.S.  Please CC: all replies to the FreeBSD Questions mailing list.