Date:      Sat, 19 May 2001 22:44:39 -0700
From:      Ross Finlayson <finlayson@live.com>
To:        Donald Burr of Borg <dburr@borg-cube.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, FreeBSD Mobile <freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Does FreeBSD WaveLAN driver support IBSS (orinoco Peer-to-Peer)?

At 08:02 PM 5/19/01, Donald Burr of Borg wrote:
>My question is: is this mode of operation (Peer to peer/IBSS) supported by
>the FreeBSD wi driver in 4.3-STABLE?

Yes, it works fine.  See
<http://www.live.com/wireless/unix-base-station.html>; for a description of
how I got IBSS mode to work under FreeBSD.

BTW, IBSS mode is actually the standard peer-to-peer mode for 802.11.  "Ad
hoc demo" mode was just a Lucent-specific hack, and is (as you noted) no
longer supported by the newest versions of Lucent firmware.

         Ross.