Date:      Wed, 17 Jan 2001 20:25:11 +0000
From:      Alexander Derevyanko <der@pc759.cs.msu.su>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Two subnetworks on one physical segment.

Hello!

Few days ago i see strangely conigured network, and
i need some advise. The problem is:
On one physical network segment (one hub + coaxial cable connected to
hub)
where exists two different networks, with different first byte of IP
address.
Netmasks are 0xffffff00.
Some computers belong to one of the network, some to other.
Is such configuration allowed ? If so, how can i make my FreeBSD server
to exist
in both of the networks, so all packets directed to the both networks
will
go directly, and all other - directed to well-known gateway?
I have two IP addresses, from both networks.

Best regards,
Alexander.