Date:      26 May 2000 10:57:14 -0400
From:      Chris Shenton <cshenton@uucom.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   apsfilter: gamma correcting HP932c to be lighter?

I'm using the wonderful "apsfilter" to transform .gif images I print
from netscape to something my HP 932c color printer can understand. I
believe under the covers it does a .gif to .ps, then uses ghostscript
to convert from .ps to HPCL.

Unfortunately, the images are too dark, the colors too saturated. The
"gs" document "devices" talks about adjusting "gamma" by sending a
small gamma-tweaking file along with the the target print file, and
the apsfilter includes a "test.ps" which does some gamma twiddling.

I can't figure out how to specify the gamma adjustment on a per job
basis, or better, as a global config to "gs" and/or "apsfilter".

Any clues? Thanks.