Date:      29 May 1998 14:47:41 -0400
From:      Cory Kempf <ckempf@enigami.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, Mike <mike@seidata.com>
Subject:   Re: Adaptec 7895P

Mike <mike@seidata.com> writes:

>What is the probability of getting this controller to work properly?

Fairly good: I am running one.

>When I boot a 2.2.6 boot.flp image, the controller is found but no
>devices are probed and fbsd can't find any disks to install to.

Step one, you may need to run current.  You definately need to install
CAM, in order to get the driver for the SCSI busses

I am running -current.

NB: if you run current, you should subscribe to current.

+C
--
Thinking of purchasing RAM from the Chip Merchant?
Please read this first: <http://www.enigami.com/~ckempf/chipmerchant.html>;

Cory Kempf                Macintosh / Unix Consulting & Software Development
ckempf@enigami.com        <http://www.enigami.com/~ckempf/>;