Date:      Sun, 13 Jul 1997 06:41:18 -0400 (EDT)
From:      isis@jh2.tor.servtech.com
To:        Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Superblocks and Magic numbers

need to make sure you're trying to mount the block device /dev/wd0s1a
>(or whatever partition you're trying to boot)  in /etc/fstab.  /dev/rwd0
>is the raw disk device; the first few blocks ara your boot blocks and are
>certainly not a filesystem :)
>
>If this doesn't make sense, post your /etc/fstab and we'll make sure it's
>correct.  I assume this error from fsck comes up on bootup.

i dont get as far as fstab, I cant boot the drive even though I can mount /dev/w
d0s1 if i do it myself. wd0s1 is the actual root partition, although if i read t
he disklabel or fsck wd0 | wd0a it isnt the same as wd0s1. I am now running from
 another HD , albeit small, and really want to recover my main drive. I am tempt
ed to beg list members to telnet to my box and fix my drive :)

E-Mail: isis@jh2.tor.servtech.com
Date: 13-Jul-97
Time: 06:41:21

This message was sent by XFMail