Date:      Mon, 23 Apr 2018 13:19:40 +0100
From:      Pete French <petefrench@ingresso.co.uk>
To:        nimrodl@gmail.com, petefrench@ingresso.co.uk,  petefrench@ingresso.co.uk
Cc:        avg@freebsd.org, eric@vangyzen.net, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, freebsd@hda3.com, truckman@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Ryzen issues on FreeBSD ? (with sort of workaround)

> fairly pleased with that. Am going to try the test case that Mike Tancsa
> posted to see if I can get it to lockup today though,. now that I am in
> front of it to reset of required. Will report results either way...

So, I have been ran the iperf scripts all day (about 4 hours now) with
the Ryzen box being the reciever and another BSD box as the sender. I
had re-enabled SMT on the Ryzen box out of curiosity.

All worked fine until just no,w when it did lockup. But the lockup
happened when I fired up VirtualBox as well on the Ryzen machine, had that
doing a lot of disc activity and also did a lot of ZFS activity on the box
itself. Which I find interesting, because your lockups were also happenng
when VirtualBox was running were they not ?

So, am going to try that again (the iperf test and simultaneous Win10
in VirtualBox), but with SMT off, to see if I can reproduce it.

-pete.