Date:      Sat, 23 Nov 1996 01:00:29 -0800
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Matrox Meteors Vs. OmniMedia P1S

Someone just ask me if the Omnimedia card which sells for $299 works with
the meteor driver. The answer is yes. I have several Omnimedia cards
something like 5 or so and I plug in and plug out the Omnimedia or
the Meteor in with no hazzles or problems.

The only problem that I know of is that the Meteor is a full length PCI
card and the OmniMedia P1SC is a half-size PCI card so on machines
that I run FreeBSD and I need two video capture boards I install
the P1SC.

The Meteor has a nice programming library for Win95 and Win NT and
the P1SC is mostly for Win 3.1 and Win95.

The Meteor sells for $499
The P1SC sells for $299 more info at http://www.omt.com

Recently, I  ordered the Intel Smart Video Recorder III which sells for
$199 . This is just a dump video capture board -- I have no clue
what it is yet in terms of components so as  soon as I get my hands
on it, I will be happy to report back to the group.

	Enjoy,
	Amancio