Date:      Mon, 31 Jan 2000 17:29:43 +0000
From:      Theo PAGTZIS <T.Pagtzis@cs.ucl.ac.uk>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   NFS and removable disks

Hi all,

  I have the following problem. I have moved my disk with Fbsd 3.3 onto a diff
machine with exactly the same network interface on both machines de0.

However when I am trying to do mount on the machines NFS responds with

NFS Portmap: RPC: Port mapper failure - RPC: Timed out

When I ask people what does NFS depend on between client and servers I get the
response of only IP address. So since the IP address is the same I am puzzled
as to why there is port map failure.

Could anyone enlighten on the reason of why this happens?

BTW when I ping the ping works ok as well as telnet does

Theo