Date:      Mon, 27 Mar 2000 15:28:40 -0800
From:      Ron 'The InSaNe One' Rosson <insane@lunatic.oneinsane.net>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Onboard Intel NIC

On Mon, 27 Mar 2000, Paul Robinson was heard blurting out:

> On Mon, 27 Mar 2000, Blaz Zupan wrote:
>
> > > Been there, done that...tired of waiting. What does one do when the
> > > maintainers dont maintain if complaining isnt allowed?
> >
> > Fix it yourself. If you don't know how or don't have the time - tough
> > luck. Buy a support contract or use a commercial OS.
>
> <snip rest of dressing down>
>
> Encore! Encore! <round of applause>
>
> What's the betting this guy has been weened on either MS or SunOS/Solaris
> in his past? :-)

Ummm.... This is getting a little old. I am no programmer but read this
list to get insight on what things may not work or what might work.. It
has saved my BACKSIDE many times. I am also a user of ETinc hardware and
am aware of Dennis. I am also like I said someone who does not code. So
go FIX IT yourself attitude gets kinda old. It happens on #FreeBSD on
efnet all too much.

I guess what I am really getting at is these attacks in a public forum
is not get anycode fixed and his just purely wasting bandwidth.

A Simple I don't have the time to get to it. or a reason without being
snotty about it should suffice. Throwing names and being childish does
know one any could. Also does not help the project since all what we say
is archived and searchable via the web.

This is not pointed to anyone whatsoever but just in plain general as
being part of the FreeBSD user base.

Now can we get back to the card because I do know people that have these
cards that do not work. (it seems to be of the onboard type).

Sorry for the interruption
Ron Rosson              	... and a UNIX user said ...
The InSaNe One                 		   rm -rf *
insane@oneinsane.net      	and all was /dev/null and *void()