Date:      Tue, 14 Aug 2001 07:06:50 +0200
From:      Andre Albsmeier <andre.albsmeier@mchp.siemens.de>
To:        Conrad Sabatier <conrads@home.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG, Andre.Albsmeier@mchp.siemens.de
Subject:   Re: pcm problem in 4.4-PRERELEASE

On Tue, 07-Aug-2001 at 07:25:36 -0000, Conrad Sabatier wrote:
> Since upgrading to 4.4-PRERELEASE, I can't get mtv to do audio anymore.
> The following message appears in the console window:
>
> pcm0: play interrupt timeout, channel dead
>
> I've tried both with and without esd enabled.  Same results.
>
> Strangely enough, mpg123 works just fine.

I have exactly the same effects here. Additionally, mxaudio
(ftp://ftp.xaudio.com/pub/xaudio/players/unix-motif/x86-unknown-linux-glibc/xaudio.x86-unknown-linux-glibc.tar.gz) does funny things as well: When playing a song
the progress slider at the bottom runs like hell; a 4 minute
song is processed in 4 seconds. No audio appears...

	-Andre

> Any clues as to what's going on here?
>
> --
> Conrad Sabatier
> conrads@home.com

Unix is very userfriendly. It's just picky who its friends are.