Date:      Thu, 08 Jun 2000 16:54:38 +0930
From:      Matthew Thyer <Matthew.Thyer@dsto.defence.gov.au>
To:        Martin Cracauer <cracauer@cons.org>
Cc:        "David O'Brien" <obrien@freebsd.org>, current@freebsd.org, Matthew Thyer <thyerm@camtech.net.au>
Subject:   Re: Oddities with the new binutils

It may not be FP itself.

In fact I have seen some other strange graphic corruption at home
when running xplanet in the background and xanim.   When the planet
turns, the top 20 or so rows of the root window get corrupted with
some of the image of the currently playing animation in xanim.

I haven't mentioned this yet because I've only been running xplanet
since post-binutils so I cant compare it with previous behaviour.

It would appear to be an Xserver problem.

The fact remains that I am seeing the xaos problem on two machines
that are both using the SVGA server from XFree86 3.3.6 but with
different video cards (one's a PII-266 with an S3 Trio64V+, the
other a Celeron 300a with a 3dfx Velocity 100 AGP).

I need to do more testing.... I have another -CURRENT machine with
a recent XFree86 from before the new binutils so I will try displaying
xaos on that Xserver.

Sorry for the limited time I can spend on debugging this... I dont
get any chance at work and the wife and kids limit my access to the
home machine that has my source until after the kids go to bed.

--
 Matthew Thyer                                 Phone:  +61 8 8259 7249
 Corporate Information Systems                 Fax:    +61 8 8259 5537