Date:      Thu, 28 Dec 2006 02:30:23 -0800
From:      "Derrick Ryalls" <ryallsd@gmail.com>
To:        "Torfinn Ingolfsen" <torfinn.ingolfsen@broadpark.no>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: MythTV port - status report

> > Torfinn, List,
>
> usleep, I think it is time for you to bug the Gmail people about proper
> mailing list handling - your message wasn't sent to the list. Again.
>
> > this can have at least 2 reasons:
> > 1. you haven't completed the setup properly.
>
> I *know* I haven't completed my mythtv-setup properly. :-)
> If you read the whole message you will see that I had some problems
> with that.
>
> > 2. the device you are using doesn't support the
> > enumerate-inputs-v4l2-ioctl.
>
> Ok, this is probably the reason. How can I find out if the pvr250 port
> supports this ioctl? any pointers to information?

This issue kinda fell off this thread with no mention of a possible
solution.  I have a PVR-250 card and tried installing the pvr250 port.
 I can stream video via mplayer /dev/cxm0 and set the channel, but
when I run mythtv-setup, it says it failed to probe the device.  I
tried the original sys file from my windows install cd as well as a
sys file from hauppage directly, both have the same result.  Was there
any determination/work-around for the ioctl issue?

This card works with KnoppMyth (whichever version was .18 of Myth)

FreeBSD 6.2 PRERELEASE, i386