Date:      Fri, 12 Jun 1998 01:51:20 -0700
From:      Tim Gerchmez <fewtch@serv.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FreeBSD <--> Win95 via Ethernet.. Help!

Hi all,

I'm trying to network my Win95 PC to FreeBSD on another PC via Ethernet
(works just fine Win95 to Win95 so it's not hardware related).  I've tried
both basic TCP/IP and IPX on the Win95 machine (enabled/set up in rc.conf
on the BSD machine, of course).  The packets are getting received on the
FreeBSD machine, but I get "Socket : Protocol not supported" messages and
nothing else happens.  I tried to connect via anonymous FTP to the FreeBSD
machine, and the socket connected, but then it just sits there and does
nothing forever - no welcome message, nothing (I'm sure I set it up right).
Yes, I set "TCP Extensions = YES" in rc.conf.  Doesn't help.

I had another question before on X servers, discovered xdm, and my problems
are solved!  So never mind on that one, if anyone read it...