Date:      Mon, 28 Apr 1997 07:48:05 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Josef Grosch <jgrosch@superior.mooseriver.com>
To:        dg@root.com
Cc:        jgrosch@sirius.com, kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de, dkeller@psln.com, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: various questions

David Greenman said:
>>I use this card. Try the following in your kernel config file:
>>
>>        device ed0 at isa? port 0x280 net irq 3 iomem 0xd8000 vector edintr
>
>   irq 3 is a poor choice since it conflicts with sio1 ("COM2").

Yes, my mistake. I used IRQ 3 because that was the only hardware jumper the
card had. The other IRQs had be set in software, if I remember right. I had
to move the IRQ for sio1 from IRQ 3 to IRQ 10. I should have included that
bit of information.

Josef

--
Josef Grosch        |   Another day closer to a   |    FreeBSD 2.2.1
jgrosch@sirius.com  |     Micro$oft free world    | UNIX for the masses