Date:      Fri, 05 Nov 1999 20:33:15 +0000
From:      Joseph Scott <joseph.scott@owp.csus.edu>
To:        trouble@netquick.net
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: rsync ???

TrouBle wrote:

> simple question, the man page has no answer that i read
>
> while running rsync
>
> like
>
> "rsync -avz -e ssh nameserver:/var/named/ /var/named"
>
> using ssh is there any way to include that darn passwd so i can maybe
> cron this event with no interaction ?????

	You need to look at the different authentication mechanisms in ssh.
Check out the man page on ssh, that will give you details on different
options.  The best way I think would be RSA authentication protocol, but
I haven't spent the time to set that up yet, so I can't really help much
there.

	I'm almost afraid to say this, you could do it with rhosts
authentication, but be very careful.

--

Joseph Scott
joseph.scott@owp.csus.edu