Date:      Sat, 28 Mar 1998 16:41:27 PST
From:      "Don Morrison" <bombfree@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   customising, compiling, and installing the kernel

I've sucessfully customised and compiled a new kernel (following the
steps as described through the documentation,) but after the 'make
install' and reboot, the system stops during mounting saying that the
device specified on my config line:
  config  kernel root on wd1s1  # <-- wd1
does not match the mounted device.  What am I doing wrong?

Please excuse the simplicity of this question, I'm still deep within the
"larval stage" of learning this os...