Date:      Fri, 09 Nov 2007 12:37:57 +0000
From:      Adam J Richardson <fatman@crackmonkey.us>
To:        Gary Kline <kline@tao.thought.org>
Subject:   Re: STILL cannot login as kline!

Gary Kline wrote:
> 	This is what is in my ~/.xsession-errors file:
>
> (process:1038): Gtk-WARNING **: This process is currently running setuid
> or setgid.
<snip>
> file '/var/tmp/gconfd-kline/lock/ior' not opened successfully, no gconfd
> located: No such file or directory)
> Can't remove file (null): Bad address
> gconf-sanity-check-2 did not pass, logging back out
> root@tao2:/home/kline#
>
> 	Clues, people?? I'm plumb out of ideas.
>
> 	gary

Hi Gary.

Your username is "kline" and the system's name is also kline? Which
would make you kline@kline. Perhaps the system doesn't like this kind of
thing. Is it possible that "kline" is some sort of reserved word (eg.
k-line)?

Does it still fail if you change to another user, perhaps "garyk"?

HtH,
Adam J Richardson