Date:      Fri, 17 Oct 2003 11:19:08 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Chris Readle <patterner@rocketmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   make optimizations

Since I'm going to be cvsuping (is that even a word?) up to RELENG_4 from
RELENG_4_8 this weekend, I was wanting to see what the general concensus
on /etc/make.conf optimizations is, particularly CPUTYPE.  I'm running on
an Athlon processor and I currently have CPUTYPE = k7 in my
/etc/make.conf.

Is this generally considered a good thing, bad thing or an indifferent
thing?  Also, are there other optimizations that I might want to consider?

TIA,

chris