Date:      Sun, 21 Sep 1997 22:04:02 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Annelise Anderson <andrsn@andrsn.stanford.edu>
To:        Keith Spencer <bsd@smmc.qld.edu.au>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How do I export logs etc to dos or floppy

On Fri, 2 May 1997, Keith Spencer wrote:

> Hi,
> In order to get help I need to know how to move or copy cnf files or
> whatever I like from the bsd partition to the dos partition (not
> extended...it is a win 95 boot partition)
> Is it easier to mount the floppy and copy to it? Would dos be able to
> read it?

dos would be able to read from the floppy if the floppy was mounted
with /sbin/mount -t msdos /dev/fd0 /mnt, assuming it's drive a (fd0)
and you want it mounted on /mnt.  The different file endings can be
handled by reading the file in a dos text editor (edit) or a word
processor, making a minor change so the file needs to be saved, and
saving it as text (if using a word processor).  This converts the
unix carriage-return line-ending to carriage-return + line feed, which
is what dos needs.

	Annelise