Date:      Wed, 28 Mar 2018 17:31:05 -0400
From:      Farhan Khan <khanzf@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org
Subject:   Starting Station mode for rtwn(4)'s rtl8188ee

Hi all,

As discussed in the IRC channel, I finally got the rtwn(4) rtl8188ee device
to start receiving frames in Monitor mode. As Adrian suggested, I would
like to proceed to Station mode, but I am not certain where to start. My
question is, what are the first steps that switching to Station mode does?
What net80211 methods that reach into the driver should I target?

I can eventually find out through tracing net80211, dtrace(1) and printfs,
and probably will anyways, but it would save a lot of time if someone could
give me some pointers (pun intended).

Thank you,

--
Farhan Khan
PGP Fingerprint: B28D 2726 E2BC A97E 3854 5ABE 9A9F 00BC D525 16EE