Date:      Fri, 18 Aug 2000 17:47:51 +1200
From:      rshea@opendoor.co.nz
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Suppressing SENDMAIL messages

> > Hi - I'm getting a lot of error messages from SENDMAIL appearing
> > on my screen whilst I'm, for instance, in a text editor.
>
> Don't login as root, or, switch to another virtual-console (ALT-F2).

Thanks for the suggestion. I should have said the error messages
are appearing from two sources SENDMAIL and NATD.

The error messages appear simultaneously on all virtual-consoles
which are logged on and that's when I'm logged on as root or as
myself.

Any hope of persuading SENDMAIL and NATD to not put the
messages up at all ?

regards

richard shea.

Open Door Ltd