Date:      Wed, 14 Jul 1999 23:36:56 +0900
From:      "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>
To:        Doug <Doug@gorean.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: comconsole

Doug wrote:

>         Ok, but my (very imperfect) understanding of the -h option to boot
> is that it will not send any boot messages to the "real" console (plugged
> in keyboard and monitor)? We sometimes need to plug one in, so -P (probe
> keyboard and then send the boot messages where they belong) is what I need
> to do. I'm sure I've got something else wrong here though....

Indeed, loader does not have a -P option. I was just clarifying on
passing options to kernel without losing autoboot.

>         Ok, then someone ought to fix the man page that says that
> /boot.config is deprecated. I think it's loader.conf, or loader.

You are probably refering to /boot/boot.conf, are you not? Two
different things altogether.

>         If I had even a glimmer of understanding, I would do just that,
> but honestly the way all of these different elements interact is still a
> mystery. I have managed to slap enough things around to get it to do
> what I want to do, but I still don't feel like I understand what's
> happening or why. I do appreciate you taking the time to help though.

Yeah, oh, well... it took me some time to get a grasp on it too...
:-)

--
Daniel C. Sobral			(8-DCS)
dcs@newsguy.com

	"Would you like to go out with me?"
	"I'd love to."
	"Oh, well, n... err... would you?... ahh... huh... what do I do
next?"