Date:      Mon, 30 Sep 2002 01:05:29 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Wolfgang Zenker <wolfgang@lyxys.ka.sub.org>
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        llwang@infor.org
Subject:   ports/43498: flashplugin-mozilla does not release SHM

>Number:         43498
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       flashplugin-mozilla does not release SHM
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Environment:
System: FreeBSD desk.lyx 4.7-RC FreeBSD 4.7-RC #11: Sat Sep 28 17:36:30 CEST 2002 wolfgang@desk.lyx:/var/obj/usr/local/src/sys/DESK i386
	mozilla-1.0.1_1,2
	flashplugin-mozilla-0.4.10_1

	When mozilla starts the flash-plugin, the plugin creates a SysV
        shared memory block (SHM) to communicate with the browser. This
	SHM is not removed when the plugin is closed, so SHM Blocks accumulate
	until the machine runs out of available SHM slots. Check with ipcs -m

>How-To-Repeat:
	View any webpage using the flashplugin, like e.g. the articles linked
	to www.heise.de/tp/ (these use a flash navigation menu). Check your
	existing SHM blocks before and after with "ipcs -m"
>Fix:

	The atached patch for plugin.c fixes the problem for me.

--- plugin.diff begins here ---
*** plugin.c.old	Mon Jun 12 10:24:09 2000
--- plugin.c	Mon Sep 30 00:48:40 2002
***************
*** 193,198 ****
--- 193,208 ----
  			XSync(This->dpy,False);
  			XFreePixmap(This->dpy, This->canvas);
  			shmdt(This->segInfo.shmaddr);
+ #ifndef linux
+ 			{
+ 				struct shmid_ds buf;
+
+ 			if (shmctl(This->segInfo.shmid, IPC_RMID, &buf) < 0) {
+ 				perror("shmctl");
+ 				}
+ 			}
+ #endif