Date:      Wed, 9 Oct 2019 17:27:19 -0700
From:      David Wolfskill <david@catwhisker.org>
To:        Miranda van den Breukelingen <mms.vanbreukelingen@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 2 things; a cool crash log of my grandmother-laptop, that's plasma's now bricked; vmn0 not X -configuring

--PCGGduUAsVpDb7zv

On Thu, Oct 10, 2019 at 01:46:10AM +0200, Miranda van den Breukelingen wrot=
e:
> 1. First this happened today on my old Dell laptop:
>=20
> https://pastebin.com/esMKFz63
>=20
> any suggestions, when booting with 3530XX nothing happens; is it=20
> fuse_ko? the kernel? at the very end of the boot process, booting with=20
> older version of kernel works, but lightdm nearly and plasma bricked.

panic: Assertion in_epoch(net_epoch_preempt) failed at /usr/home/src/head/s=
ys/netinet6/in6.c:1554

is an issue that has been addressed in recent commits (by glebius@).

I was able to revert back to older copies of kernel & loader, update
sources, and perform a source-based upgrade, and that's what I would do
if I encountered what you did.

Ref. <http://docs.FreeBSD.org/cgi/mid.cgi?20191008121519.GS1263>; and
<http://docs.FreeBSD.org/cgi/mid.cgi?20191009120451.GK1263>.

Peace,
david
--=20
"A refusal to co-operate with a constitutionally mandated process can
itself be an abuse of power." -- Jonathan Turley, George Washington Univers=
ity

--PCGGduUAsVpDb7zv

--PCGGduUAsVpDb7zv--