Date:      Mon, 3 Jul 2000 23:22:46 +0200 (CEST)
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?G=E9rard_Roudier?= <groudier@club-internet.fr>
To:        "W.H.Scholten" <whs@xs4all.nl>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: uncool MO disk problems, addendum

On Mon, 3 Jul 2000, W.H.Scholten wrote:

> L.s.
>=20
> small addendum:
> - it's fbsd 3.3R on i386 as you may have guesssed from the mail headers.
> - I use the new fbsd symbios/ncr scsi driver (the README says latest
> revision is sym-0.12.0-19991127).

The README file hasn't been maintained up to date. It has been useful when
the driver was not yet in the repository. It just has been purged of
obsolete informations on my latest commit to HEAD.

Btw, I donnot think that the driver version has something to do with the
MO disk problems you reported in your previous mail.

I haven't MFCed a recent `sym' driver version to 3.5R since no problem had
been reported to me ('Never change a system that works' applied here :) ).
However, given that SYM53C1010 based boards are now available, especially
from Tekram, an MFC will be needed to ensure that all SYM53C1010 chip
issues I know about are addressed also in RELENG_3.

(Latest `sym' driver should still be 3.X compatible at source level thanks
to COMPAT code versus NEW BUS one being conditionned according to FreeBSD
version. Thus, user can for now move latest driver sources to a 3.X tree
and just rebuild the kernel).
=20
> Also my mail address is whs@xs4all.nl, reply on the previous mail will
> give spaces in the mail address..