Date:      Wed, 17 Jan 2001 18:03:09 -0500
From:      Tim McMillen <timcm@umich.edu>
To:        "Justin C. Sherrill" <jsherri1@rochester.rr.com>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: source to a command

You'll want to read   man hier    and   man locate
at the bottom of the locate manpage is a script to update the database.
Run that and then you can use locate as a very quick find.   Then
finding the source is as easy as for example:
%locate ln.c
and it will tell you the path to the source for ln    It may lead you
astray a few times and you'll have to use  `| more`  to wade through
the output, but it will work.

					Tim