Date:      Wed, 25 Jul 2018 22:49:23 +0300
From:      Greg V <greg@unrelenting.technology>
To:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Allwinner dtb overlays on CURRENT. Also, flashrom SPI!

Hi,

One thing I have noticed with CURRENT on an Orange Pi PC: since we're=20
using device trees imported from Linux, some drivers are not accessible=20
out of the box.

So I wrote a couple overlays:

Thermal sensor: https://github.com/freebsd/freebsd/pull/162

SPI: https://github.com/freebsd/freebsd/pull/166

But not everyone would figure out how to make and even just use=20
overlays=85

(if anyone is wondering: place them into /boot/dtb/overlays and add a=20
list of them (filenames including extension) to /boot/loader.conf like=20
so: fdt_overlays=3D"sun8i-h3-sid.dtbo,sun8i-h3-ts.dtbo,sun8i-h3-spi.dtbo"=20
=97 and reboot)

Can someone commit these overlays / add more for other SoCs maybe?

P.S. I also wrote spigen support for flashrom:=20
https://github.com/flashrom/flashrom/pull/53
With this, I can flash and verify a Winbond W25Q32.V flash chip from my=20
Orange Pi! :)
=