Date:      Thu, 5 Sep 2002 16:34:31 +0400
From:      Den <info@volginfo.ru>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SMTP vs sendmail

On Thursday 05 September 2002 16:28, Wayne Pascoe wrote:
> Den <info@volginfo.ru> writes:
> > On Thursday 05 September 2002 15:14, Yann Golanski wrote:
> > > Quoth Den on Thu, Sep 05, 2002 at 15:21:21 +0400

> > > SMTP is a protocol that sendmail uses. If you want to have a look a=
> > > another MTA, check out Exim, Qmail or Postfix.
> >
> > is anybody know small mta for only send mail?
>
> This doesn't really answer your question, but if you explain what you
> are trying to do and why sendmail is not appropriate for that task,
> people may be able to help you more.
>
> If you do not have any special needs you might be best sticking with
> sendmail as this is part of the base system.

every time I send mail, sendmail print error messages:
Sep  5 15:40:05 img sendmail[17883]: My unqualified host name (img) unkno=
wn;=20
sleeping for retry
Sep  5 15:41:05 img sendmail[17883]: unable to qualify my own domain name=
=20
(img) -- using short name

my host (named img) is in local network, and return path is "sg <sg@img>"=
, if=20
I send mail using sendmail.=20

Is it possible to disable this error messages and customise return path (=
and=20
maybe some other parameters) for all mail I send?