Date:      Thu, 9 Aug 2001 11:47:25 -0300
From:      GARGIULO Eduardo INGDESI <YAPEDU@SIDERAR.COM>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   custom setup

Hi. I'm running debian GNU/Linux and I'm interested in switch to FreeBSD.
I want to know if is possible to configure a system like i'm using now
under FreeBSD.
The layout is the following

internet --- router ---- eth0 linuxbox eth1 --- switch

                                   --- eth2 --- switch

I have a small class C network (6 IP addresses).
eth1 IP address is 0.0.0.0 and I'm using ARP to map the internal servers
with real IPs. I'm using ipmasquerading throw eth2 to allow internal
workstation (private network IPs) surf Internet and also using ipforward
to allow external clientes connect internal servers with private nework IP.

I know is possible to nat internal LAN under FreeBSD but I don't know if
is possible to forward external request to internal hosts and to use ARP
to map internal servers.

If is it possible, what version of FreeBSD do you sugest me and where to
find info about it?

thanks and sorry for my english

--ejg:wq!