Date:      Sat, 14 Feb 1998 00:20:50 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Todd 'Taco' Hansen" <taco@tshansen.reshall.ucsd.edu>
To:        Bagelboyj@aol.com
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: About Linux

I would say freebsd can do it. Although it isn't linux, it is BSD.
I have it running on a 386sx-16 with 4megs of ram and 100 megs of
diskspace, with a couple of utilities and about 30 megs of web page. You
probably won't be able to fit to much extra stuff on there though (emacs,
xwindows), but you can get most of the good stuff. But whatever, it is
always worth a shot because it is fun. IMHO.
	-taco

On Sat, 14 Feb 1998 Bagelboyj@aol.com wrote:

> Hello, I found your e-mail address on the web. I have am using a 486 dx33 PC
> with 8 MB of ram and 150MB of leftover. I am looking for a version of Linux
> that I can download for free that will be able to run and fit on my computer.
> Do you know where I can get one, or do you have any suggesions.
>
> Thank you.
>

> -BagelBoyJ@aol.com
> (http://jono.home.ml.org)

"Hey!  Who took the cork off my lunch??!"
                -- W. C. Fields

Todd Hansen, KD6YPS
http://sehplib.ucsd.edu/~tshansen/