Date:      Thu, 23 Aug 2001 09:27:59 -0400
From:      dave@hawk-systems.com (Dave)
To:        "Mora Adalbert" <a_m_g_2@yahoo.com>, <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: HELP

>I'm on crisis!!!
>I'm using a FreeBSD system as a server messenger,
>yesterday, the users can't access the service and
>receive a message "Inssufient disk space", I try to
>reboot the system but was impossible because don't

FreeBSD != Windows...  a reboot was probably a bad idea.

>have enough disk space, Trying to solve the problem I
>connect the Hard Disk as slave and  try to mount in
>other Free BSD System in intention to clean de HD but
>the File System don't allow it..."The File System is
>dirthy"
>Does any one have other way in order to recover the
>information on my HD?

Put your original HDD in there, try and boot into single user mode, if/once in,
do a df -k and check which partition it is that is full.  If you used a default
installation, it is probably /var

relocate logs and some other items off the /var portition into /usr somewhere,
symlink back to /var/ then do your reboot.

If you get other errors, post them with as much detail as possible.

Or, skip all this and restore from your last backup (you do have a backup don't
you?)

Dave