Date:      Fri, 08 Jan 1999 18:30:04 +0100
From:      HERBELOT Thierry <Thierry.Herbelot@alcatel.fr>
To:        m.blevins@vanderbilt.edu
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Installation How-to Question

Hello,

This is what I did for a 'Net install of FreeBSD via a cable modem :
- get a boot floppy for FreeBSD
- boot under M$-Win 95
- run winipcfg.exe to get Your IP address, the address of your default
router and the one of a Name Server
- reboot with the FreeBSD boot diskette
- set IP config parameters like you just read with winipcfg.exe (as if
these parameters were fixed)
- install from a nearby FreeBSD FTP mirror  (my download rate was about
200 kbyte/s)
- get a DHCP client package (I use wide-DHCP which is easy to setup)
- reboot your new FreeBSD box and configure your DHCP client

Off you go .....

    TfH

(then you will have time to burn a CD)