Date:      Mon, 25 Jan 1999 14:58:25 +0000
From:      Roger Hardiman <roger@cs.strath.ac.uk>
To:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-users@freebsd-uk.eu.org, nsouch@teaser.fr
Subject:   Testing of MSP3400C NICAM Stereo support for Bt848/Bt878 cards please

Hi,

I have now worked the MSP3400 audio support into the Bt848 driver.
It only supports 3410D and 3415D devices at this time. Not the
original 3400C, but NICAM stero decoding and mono audio work.

Take a look at
http://telepresence.dmem.strath.ac.uk/bt848
and read the section on Development Test drivers.

Please can you download the driver and test it for me.
I'll commit the code once I have your feedback.

Couple of things to note
a) I have tested this in the UK with both Cable and Aerial broadcasts.
b) I have hacked the driver so it does not use the new i2c-bus code
but the older i2c bus code. This is tempoary until I speak to Nicholas.
c) No changes are need to FXTV. Audio should work right away.

The web site has links into my ftp site for all versions of FreeBSD
from 2.2.5 and onwards:
225/226/227/228/22-Stable/30-Release/3.0-Stable/4.0-Current
I've tested it on a 226 machine and a 3.0-Stable machine.
Basically download the files from the FTP site and replace the
files in your kernel source tree.

Thanks
Roger
--
Roger Hardiman
Strathclyde University Telepresence Research Group