Date:      Wed, 31 May 1995 23:41:07 -0400
From:      e.knight@ix.netcom.com (Edward F. Knight)
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Sound on FreeBSD

I have recently purchased and have received 2.0 from CDROM.  The
installation seems to have gone without event.

I have spent a fair amount of time looking and studying the distribution to
try and grasp some understanding of how to use my ultrasound card with the
cdplay  and xcdplayer  I can find no configuration data on this.  There is
no documentation concerning sound except that freebsd supports ultrasound
cards.  There is a readme file in /cdrom/filesys/src/sys/i386/isa/sound.
This appears to be for VoxWare 2.9.  It offers nada.

Please, Can you advise me of how to enable sound with applications.

Regards,
Ted Knight