Date:      Fri, 21 Nov 2003 02:00:18 +0100 (CET)
From:      Julian Stacey <jhs@berklix.org>
To:        Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP: /bin and /sbin are now dynamically linked

Hi Garance
cc current,

Thanks for your well explained posting.  I won't distract from new thread
         "Unfortunate dynamic linking for everything"
except to note:

> It is not fair to pretend
> that this was some kind of back-room, closed-door decision.

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that.  I meant:
- Current@ readers (that decide things), may have different
  skill levels & preference of balance between risk & function, compared
  with other user groups EG perhaps on hackers@ &/or isp@ etc.
- Some admins don't read @freebsd.org lists, to comment on the
  fully dynamic decision, but will later install default systems
  `out of the box', with later subsequent remote upgrades.
- Any extra later danger / limitation to them could affect FreeBSD reputation.

> If you personally are worried about the new setup, then just use
> the switch which gives you the previous setup.

Did it immediately, Thanks.
Julian
-
Julian Stacey.  Munich Unix & Net Consultancy available.  http://berklix.com
  Ihr Rauchen => mein allergischer Kopfschmerz !   Schnupftabak probieren.
        All HTML mail automaticaly deleted unread as Spam.