Date:      Mon, 06 Oct 1997 11:27:59 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   IrDA

I'm looking at getting a portable Dell which claims to have IrDA.  I
also just got a Halted catalog that has an ISA IrDA card from IBM.
Would I be nuts to expect these two things to talk to one another?  Is
there anything magical about IrDA, or can I just run SLIP/PPP over
them like any other serial port?  Also, if I'm running Win95, can I
run PPP over IrDA?  If I read things, it is just a serial port, right?
The ISA IrDA card is for my FreeBSD box, so I'd need to know what
support is present there for IrDA.

Thanks for any help you might be able to render.

Warner