Date:      Wed, 2 Jul 2008 21:28:50 -0700
From:      "Rob Lytle" <jan6146@gmail.com>
To:        "Mike Meyer" <mwm@mired.org>, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org,  freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sysinstall is still inadequate after all of these years / sorry I started flame war

Hi All,

I'm sorry I started a kind of flame war.  All I wanted was two things:  1.
CD's that installed without being switched in and out dozens of times.  That
was fixed by the suggestion of using a DVD.  I didn't even know the DVD
install existed, but will do that next time.

2.  Being able to use Sysinstall and not having it crash when a dependency
is already present.  Sometimes I like to use Sysinstall to  install gigantic
packages where the compile time is 26 hours, e.g KDE metapackage, and my
notebook uses an Intel Core 2 Duo at 2Ghz or thereabout.  That is one hell
of a long compile time.  For this request I will just have to wait for
FreeBSD 10.0.

Sincerely,  Rob

http://www.youtube.com/user/whiteflluffyclouds
(Ham radio videos)