Date:      Mon, 17 Feb 1997 14:32:38 -0600 (CST)
From:      Dr Doctor <cbell@underground.error.net>
To:        question@freebsd.org
Subject:   2.1.7 v. 2.2.x

Hello!  I recently bought FreeBSD 2.1.5 from a local software store (it
was cheaper and I could have it sooner than from Walnut Creek :-) and I
want to thank you for such a solid, fast system.  It is noticably faster
on my Pentium 75 with 24MB then Linux 1.2.13 (i have been a Linux user for
about 3 years).  I also appreciate the built-in security model.  My
question is this:

I would like to upgrade to a newer version of the software.  I understand
the difference between CURRENT and STABLE (RELEASE?), but there seems to
be two concurrent stable releases of FreeBSD in the works.  FreeBSD 2.1.7
and FreeBSD 2.2.x.  I would like to know what you recommend!  (basically,
I would like either a pro/con break down of the differences or a pointer
to some more detailed information).  Thanks!

--
    Christofer C. Bell - Union Computing Services - University of Kansas
			      cbell@error.net